Knowing the signs of termites is an essential step in stopping a termite problem and significant termite damage in your home. With the help of our termite identification tips and professional Chandler pest control, you can be sure that termite removal is swift and damage to a minimum.
Types Of Termites In Chandler
There are several types of termites in the Chandler area that you may encounter on your property. Termite identification is vital for your home because different termite species may require slightly different treatment plans.
- Desert Subterranean Termites
- Arid Subterranean Termites
- Western Drywood Termites
- Desert Dampwood Termites
If you need help with termite identification in your Chandler home, you can reach out to the professionals at Ozone Pest Control for more assistance.
How To Identify Termites And Termite Damage
Stopping a termite problem before it becomes out of control is key to reducing instances of termite damage. Looking out for the signs of termites below and evidence of termite damage can help you catch an infestation before it overwhelms your home and causes costly repairs.
- Swarmer termites around your property are a significant sign of infestation moving in. You may see winged termites or find shed wings along windowsills and baseboards.
- Mud tubes crossing from the outside of your property to the inside signal that this pest is moving in. You may also see mud tubes crisscrossing on wooden structures in your home.
- Frass (termite droppings that appear like small wood shavings) may be found around baseboards, windowsills, doorjambs, or anywhere else this pest is tunneling into the wood.
- You may find wooden structures in your home start to appear damp or damaged or break easily upon touching.
- Tight-fitting doors and windows, sinking floors, peeling or bubbling paint, and hollow-sounding walls are all a sign that termites are tunneling in your home.
- You may hear rustling, clicking, or a light thumping at night when termites are most active and things are quieter.
What To Do About Termites In Your Home
If you see evidence of termite damage in your home, your first step should be looking into termite removal. And instead of putting your faith in hit or miss do-it-yourself (DIY) methods for this, professional termite treatments provided by Ozone Pest Control can be just the thing you need. Let our specialists identify the size and severity of your termite problem and craft you effective treatments that are sure to remove termites from the deepest areas of your home and stop damage before it becomes genuinely out of hand.
How To Keep Termites Away From Your Home
If you want to keep termites away from your home, there are a few prevention tactics that you can put into place:
- Address moisture issues around your property and ensure proper drainage in your yard. This makes the outside less hospitable to termites.
- Eliminate soil-to-wood contact by putting barriers between your yard and the foundation of your home. This will stop termites from crossing onto wooden structures easily.
- Remove debris from your yard, such as fallen branches and tree stumps. This eliminates the areas that termites may start colonizing. Also, store firewood on elevated surfaces far from your home.
And remember, if you’re experiencing an ongoing termite problem, don’t hesitate to reach out to Ozone Pest Control. Allow our experts to rid your property of termites for good, so you can avoid major damage and stress.