Have you ever had a mouse as a pet? Or have you ever seen a mouse running around your garage or inside your home? These two questions illustrate the different experiences that people can have with mice. Some people think they are adorable, while others think they are terrifying. But, the truth is that mice in Chandler are dangerous if they invade your property. Unlike pet mice, wild mice in Chandler can pose many health and safety risks, so it’s important to know how to get effective mouse control.
Signs Of Mice In Your Chandler Home
You likely have a good idea of how to identify mice. You know they have long, thin tails and rather small, pointy faces. You probably know that their black eyes and large ears can make them appear cute. But, the truth is that mice can be rather sneaky. You’ll rarely be able to actually identify mice by seeing them first, so there are other signs of mice activity to look out for:
- Hearing squeaking or scurrying sounds inside of the walls
- Finding small paw prints around dirt or any food spills
- Finding small, rod-shaped droppings that are a brown color
- Noticing chew marks or small holes
The Problems Mice Can Cause In Your Chandler Home
If you do see any signs of mouse activity around your property, you might wonder how much you should be worried. The truth is that mice are pests that you should try to avoid. They can be quite dangerous. They can spread many different illnesses, such as hantavirus and rat-bite fever. Their fur, droppings, and urine can also cause respiratory problems such as allergies and asthma attacks.
Along with health risks, mice can also damage property. They can chew through many materials, including clothing, plastic, plaster, drywall, pipes, wires, and much more, damaging many important elements of your home.
The Safest Way To Eliminate Mice In Your Chandler Home
If you think you have mice in your house, the best way to get effective mouse control is with assistance from the experts at Ozone Pest Control. Mice are invasive as they can reproduce quickly and because they are dependent on humans for their survival. DIY rodent control is rarely effective.
However, the residential pest control experts at Ozone Pest Control have the tools and experience necessary to remove mice and prevent them in the future.
Natural Ways To Keep Mice Away From Your Chandler Home
The best way to prevent and remove mice is with residential pest control, but you can also follow some prevention tips on your own, such as:
- Removing excess clutter around the yard and around your house.
- Cleaning up kitchens often by sweeping and wiping floors and doing dirty dishes often.
- Getting covers for chimneys and vent openings.
- Sealing up holes in the walls and foundation with steel wool.
- Addressing excess humidity around the yard by clearing out rain gutters. Reducing excess moisture inside by fixing leaky pipes and faucets.
For more help with rodent control, give our team a call today to request an inspection.