When you live in Chandler, you have to be prepared for all kinds of pests. One of the most notorious insects is termites. These tiny bugs can cause major damage to your home if not dealt with properly. If you don’t have an effective system in place, it’s likely that your home will suffer from a termite infestation at some point during its lifetime. The good news is that there are several ways homeowners can prevent these pests from taking over their homes.
In this guide, we’ll take a look at what exactly makes up a successful termite treatment plan and how you can use Chandler pest control to protect your home from becoming an expensive pile of wood chips!
Termite Warning Signs Every Homeowner Ought To Know
- Sagging wood
- Termite mud tubes
- Swollen timbers
- Missing siding
- Small holes in wood surfaces
Evidence of termite damage can be easy to spot, especially if you know what you’re looking for. If you see any of these signs in your home, call the Ozone Pest Control experts right away for a termite inspection.
How Termites Silently Destroy Your Home
A termite is a small, soft-bodied insect that feeds on cellulose (wood). Termites are attracted to water damage and wet wood, so they’re commonly found in crawlspaces and basements.
Active termites can cause structural damage by eating away at timbers in your home’s foundation or floor joists. They do this so quietly that you might not even realize it until you see signs of advanced decay on your walls or floorboards! If left untreated, severe infestations will eventually lead to complete structural collapse.
How To Remove Factors That Attract Termites To Your Home
Here are some steps you can take to reduce the chances of termites infesting your home.
- Keep your home dry. Make sure that there’s no dripping water around the exterior of your home, as this can cause damage over time and draw termites inside as well. In addition, if you have a concrete slab foundation, make sure that any cracks aren’t allowing water into the structure (which will lead to mold growth).
- Remove branches from trees that touch your house or other structures on your property so they don’t come in contact with them and provide shelter for pests like termites.
- Clear brush away from the foundations of buildings on your property. Brush, leaves, and other debris can collect against your home’s foundation and provide a place for pests like termites to live.
- Repair and replace rotting, water-damaged, or decayed structural wood in your home.
Termites are a real threat to homes and can cause serious damage if you don’t take the proper precautions.
Contact The Pros For Total Termite Control For Your Home
You should always call a local termite company if you suspect you have termites in your home. Trying to treat them on your own can be dangerous and ineffective, and it will only lead to more issues down the line. Ignoring infestations can lead to severe structural damage if left untreated. This kind of damage could end up costing thousands and thousands of dollars over time. Ozone Pest Control has been a trusted name in the pest control industry for years, and we’re here to help you get rid of your termite problems once and for all. Our team will be out to your home as soon as possible so that we can assess the situation and provide a solution.