The Trick To Keeping Your Chandler Home Pest Free!
February 15, 2022 - Pest Control
While there are many stresses that homeowners have to deal with, one of the most frustrating issues of all is a pest problem. Most people will encounter some kind of pest problem around their home at some point, and these encounters are never pleasant. Even pests in Chandler that are just nuisance pests can still be disgusting to look at or difficult to remove, and many pests are dangerous or destructive. This guide is here to help you learn how to get the best residential pest control around.
Types Of Pests That Commonly Invade Chandler Homes
There are a wide variety of pests in Chandler that can invade, but a handful are extremely common. Some of the main pest species to worry about are mosquitoes, cockroaches, rodents, ants, bed bugs, and spiders.
Some of these pests are more dangerous than others. For example, mosquitoes are quite harmful while most spiders aren't. Many ant species are nuisance pests, but they are also usually quite invasive, making them difficult to remove.
The Dangers Pests Bring To Chandler Homes
The kinds of problems that pests bring to your home vary somewhat depending on the specific pest species. Here are some of the main dangers that various pests can cause:
- Cockroaches can spread many illnesses such as dysentery and typhoid fever.
- Rodents spread hantavirus and rat-bite fever.
- Mosquitoes can spread a variety of pathogens, such as West Nile virus.
- Rodents can cause property damage as they chew through wires, drywall, pipes, and more.
- Bed bugs can leave behind itchy bites that can lead to secondary infections.
- Some ants are dangerous, and even invasive species will contaminate food sources.
- Most spiders aren't dangerous, but species like the black widow and the brown recluse can harm people.
Natural Pest Prevention Tips For Chandler Homes
The best way to remove and prevent pests is with residential pest control, but you can also take some steps to prevent them. It's much easier overall to focus on prevention than eradication, and there are some measures you can take around your property to keep pests out.
Just follow these six steps:
- Make it more difficult for pests to get inside by repairing broken screens and sealing up holes in the walls and foundation.
- Clean up food and drink spills right away and keep floors cleaned.
- Reduce moisture problems around the property by fixing leaky plumbing. Also, clear out rain gutters and remove standing water from the yard.
- Store pet food in sealed containers inside of the house.
- Purchase lids for all garbage cans and take out the trash regularly.
- Clear up excess clutter around the yard and inside your home; this should include clearing up yard debris like mulch, leaf litter, and grass clippings.
The Best Form Of Pest Protection For Your Chandler Home
If you're looking for help with pest prevention and control, contact the experts at Ozone Pest Control. We can keep out all of the common pest species in the area, so you won't have to worry about them anymore. We can also eradicate any existing pest problems. Give us a call today to learn more.