We’ve all been there: swatting at mosquitoes while trying to enjoy a nice evening outside. But mosquitoes are more than just a pesky distraction; these pests can also transmit dangerous diseases, so it’s important to take steps to prevent them from breeding and invading your yard. Ozone Pest Control will discuss how to identify these stinging pests, some eco-friendly methods for keeping them away, and how Chandler pest control can help you finally get rid of mosquitoes for good.
How To Identify A Mosquito
Mosquitoes are small, dark-colored insects with long legs and slender bodies. They are most active at dusk and dawn, but they can also bite during the day. They’re often mistaken for gnats or other flying insects, but you can tell them apart by their characteristic whine when they fly. Female mosquitoes are the only ones that bite, as they need blood to develop their eggs.
In your yard, they’re likely to congregate near standing water, so keep an eye out for any puddles, ponds, or even drainage ditches that could be providing a breeding ground. If you find mosquitoes in your Chandler home, they’re probably coming in through an open door or window.
The Dangerous Diseases Mosquito Bites Are Known To Spread
While most of us are familiar with the itchy, red bumps that mosquito bites can cause, not everyone is aware of the potentially dangerous diseases these insects can transmit. In fact, mosquitoes are considered one of the deadliest animals in the world because of the diseases they can spread.
Some of the dangerous diseases carried by mosquitoes include:
- West Nile virus
- Zika virus
Symptoms of these diseases can range from mild to severe, and in some cases, they can even be deadly. While the chance of contracting one of these diseases from a mosquito bite in Chandler is relatively low, it’s still important to take steps to prevent them. And the best way to do that is to avoid being bitten in the first place.
Six Eco-Friendly Mosquito Prevention For Around Your Yard
There are a number of different chemicals that can be used to kill mosquitoes, but many of them are harmful to the environment. Here are some eco-friendly ways to repel mosquitoes:
- Install mosquito netting over doors and windows. This will help keep mosquitoes from getting inside your home.
- Eliminate standing water. Standing water is where mosquitoes lay their eggs, and getting rid of their breeding grounds is a surefire way to keep mosquitoes away from your yard.
- Keep your grass short. Mosquitoes are attracted to long grass they can hide in, so keeping your lawn short will help reduce their numbers.
- Plant mosquito-repelling plants. There are a number of plants that naturally repel mosquitoes, including citronella, marigolds, and lavender.
- Use a fan. Mosquitoes are weak flyers, so a fan can help keep them away from you.
- Use outdoor insect-repelling lights. Yellow “bug lights” don’t attract mosquitoes like regular lightbulbs do.
By following these tips, you can enjoy your time outside without having to worry about being bitten by a mosquito. If you’re still having trouble keeping them away, Ozone Pest Control can help.
The Most Effective Mosquito Control For Your Yard
If you’re serious about reducing the number of mosquitoes in your yard, the best thing you can do is hire the pros at Ozone Pest Control. Our specialized mosquito fogging services will keep these pests in Chandler at bay. This is the best way to kill mosquitoes in your yard so that you can enjoy it again. We offer both monthly and one-time services for your convenience, so whatever your mosquito control needs are, we can help. Contact us today to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Chandler.